Friday, July 30, 2010

Funny Ways to Order a Pizza


For Friday Lite this week, I came across this funny site, called, "60 Ways to Order a Pizza" at "The Jokes Place".  I love pizza, and I started laughing out loud as I read it.  I have to share with you some of the funny ways to order pizza that made me laugh.  I think I can relate to this for a few reasons.  One of my first jobs was at a pizza restaurant, and I often took the calls for pick up and delivery orders.  I could imagine myself, as a young teenager, receiving these calls. Secondly, I think we all have ordered pizza at one time or another, and as I read through the list I could just imagine certain people I know saying these things for a laugh or two.  Hope you enjoy this list as much as I did.

  • If using a touch-tone, press random numbers while ordering. Ask the person taking the order to stop doing that.
  • Make up a charge-card name. Ask if they accept it.
  • Terminate the call with, "Remember, we never had this conversation."
  • Tell the order taker a rival pizza place is on the other line and you're going with the lowest bidder.
  • Give them your address, exclaim, "Oh, just surprise me!" and hang up.
  • In your breathiest voice, tell them to cut the crap about nutrition and ask if they have something outlandishly sinful.
  • Tell them to put the crust on top this time.
  • Ask what the order taker is wearing.
  • Tell the order taker you're depressed. Get him/her to cheer you up.
  • Change your accent every three seconds.
  • If they repeat the order to make sure they have it right, say, "Okay, that'll be $10.99; please pull up to the first window."
  • Ask if you get to keep the pizza box. When they say yes, heave a sigh of relief.
  • Put the accent on the last syllable of "pepperoni." Use the long "i" sound.
  • Imitate the order taker's voice.
  • Ask what topping goes best with well-aged Chardonnay.
  • Start the conversation with "My Call to Pizza Place, Take 1, and. . . action!"
  • Ask if the pizza is organically grown.
  • Be vague in your order.
  • Order a steamed pizza.
  • If any of the above practices are rejected by the order taker, say, in your best pouty voice, "Last guy let me do it."

To see the entire list, go to this website: http://www.jokesplace.com/joke/pizza60.html

Hope you have a laughter-filled day!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: