Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do You Have a Magic Eye?


The world-wide 3D craze of the 90's

The other day my eyes were being lazy as I was looking at my computer screen, you know, like when you get into a really good stare, then realize you aren't really looking at anything?  Just looking "through" whatever it is that's in front of you?  Well, that got me thinking about those 3D "Magic Eye" images that were really popular in the 90's.  I don't see too much of them anymore.  They used to have big displays set up in the malls, and people would be staring at these messed-up, colourful collages, trying to see the "hidden" 3D illusion. It took me awhile, but finally I was able to figure out how to "see" these Magic Eye images and thought it was pretty fascinating.  Now, in addition to movies, there are TV's with 3D capability.  What will they think of next?!

Here is a link to the Magic Eye Inc. Image of the Week.   Check it out for some fun.  This website also teaches you how to see the 3D images.  They even have a contest where you put your name in to win a Magic Eye product.

Have fun!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: